Here is the list of 40+ Greatest Leonardo Da Vinci Quotes:
20 Leonardo Da Vinci Quotes:
- One has no right to love or hate anything if one has not acquired a thorough knowledge of its nature. Leonardo Da Vinci
- Study without desire spoils the memory, and it retains nothing that it takes in.
- I love those who can smile in trouble, who can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection.
- Why does the eye see a thing more clearly in dreams than with the imagination being awake?
- As a well spent day brings happy sleep, so life well used brings happy death.
Though I may not, like them, be able to quote other authors, I shall rely on that which is much greater and more worthy — on experience.
- One can have no smaller or greater mastery than mastery of oneself.
- There are three classes of people: those who see, those who see when they are shown, those who do not see.
- The noblest pleasure is the joy of understanding.
- The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions.
Learning is the only thing the mind never exhausts, never fears, and never regrets.
- The deeper the feeling, the greater the pain.
- He who wishes to be rich in a day will be hanged in a year.
In rivers, the water that you touch is the last of what has passed and the first of that which comes; so with present time.
- Time abides long enough for those who make use of it.
- Learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.
- He who does not oppose evil, commands it to be done.
Anyone who conducts an argument by appealing to authority is not using his intelligence; he is just using his memory.
- Wisdom is the daughter of experience.
- I have been impressed with the urgency of doing. Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Being willing is not enough; we must do.
20 Leonardo Da Vinci Quotes About Flight
- “Learning never exhausts the mind.”
“Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.”
- “Time stays long enough for anyone who will use it.”
“I love those who can smile in trouble, who can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection.
- ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink, but they whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves their conduct, will pursue their principles unto death.”
“Poor is the pupil who does not surpass his master.”
- “It had long since come to my attention that people of accomplishment rarely sat back and let things happen to them. They went out and happened to things.”
- “I have been impressed with the urgency of doing. Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Being willing is not enough; we must do.”
“The noblest pleasure is the joy of understanding.”
- “Experience never errs; it is only your judgments that err by promising themselves effects such as are not caused by your experiments.”
- “All our knowledge has its origins in our perceptions.”
“Although nature commences with reason and ends in experience, it is necessary for us to do the opposite, that is to commence with experience and from this to proceed to investigate the reason.”
- “There are four powers: memory and intellect, desire and covetousness. The two first are mental and the others sensual. The three senses sight, hearing, and smell cannot well be prevented; touch and taste not at all.”
- “Just as food eaten without appetite is a tedious nourishment, so does study without zeal damage the memory by not assimilating what it absorbs.”
“All knowledge which ends in words will die as quickly as it came to life, with the exception of the written word: which is its mechanical part.”
- “The truth of things is the chief nutriment of superior intellects.”
- “Life well spent is long.”
“Common sense is that which judges the things given to it by other senses.”
- “Knowledge of the past and of the places of the earth is the ornament and food of the mind of man.”
- “As a well-spent day brings happy sleep, so a life well spent brings happy death.”
- “Men of lofty genius when they are doing the least work are most active.”
- 60+ Best Design Quotes To Know In 2020
- 14 Best Paolo Uccello Quotes And Facts
- 60 Famous Pablo Picasso Quotes – Motivational
- 40 Greatest Unhappy People Quotes
Leonardo Da Vinci Quotes
- “While I thought that I was learning how to live, I have been learning how to die.” Leonardo da Vinci
“The noblest pleasure is the joy of understanding.” Leonardo da Vinci
- “All our knowledge has its origins in our perceptions.” Leonardo da Vinci
- “Tears come from the heart and not from the brain.” Leonardo da Vinci
“Who sows virtue reaps honor.” Leonardo da Vinci
- “Once you tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return. ” Leonardo da Vinci
“Why does the eye see a thing more clearly in dreams than the imagination when awake?” Leonardo da Vinci
- “Where the spirit does not work with the hand there is no art.” Leonardo da Vinci
“Life without love, is no life at all.” Leonardo da Vinci