Here is the list of 30+ Inspirational Paul Cezanne Quotes:
20 Famous Paul Cezanne Quotes:
- “You must think. The eye is not enough; it needs to think as well.” ~ Paul Cezanne
- “We live in a rainbow of chaos.” ~ Paul Cezanne
- “Right now a moment of time is passing by!… We must become that moment.” ~ Paul Cezanne
- “Light is a thing that cannot be reproduced, but must be represented by something else – by color.” ~ Paul Cezanne
“An art which isn’t based on feeling isn’t an art at all… feeling is the principle, the beginning and the end; craft, objective, technique – all these are in the middle.” ~ Paul Cezanne
- “Genius is the ability to renew one’s emotions in daily experience.” ~ Paul Cezanne
- “It is not about painting life, it is about making painting alive.” ~ Paul Cezanne
- “Painting from nature is not copying the object; it is realizing one’s sensations.” ~ Paul Cezanne
- “The truth is in nature, and I shall prove it.” ~ Paul Cezanne
- “A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.” ~ Paul Cezanne
“The most seductive thing about art is the personality of the artist himself.” ~ Paul Cezanne
- “The awareness of our own strength makes us modest.” ~ Paul Cezanne
- “I could paint for a hundred years, a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing.” ~ Paul Cezanne
- “To paint is not to copy the object slavishly, it is to grasp a harmony among many relationships.” ~ Paul Cezanne
- “Art is a harmony parallel with nature.” ~ Paul Cezanne
“All the theories mess you up inside.” ~ Paul Cezanne
- “Long live the sun which gives us such beautiful color.” ~ Paul Cezanne
- “The landscape thinks itself in me and I am its consciousness.” ~ Paul Cezanne
- “If I think, everything is lost.” ~ Paul Cezanne
- “It’s not just about looking and copying, it’s about feeling too” ~ Paul Cezanne
10 Amazing Paul Cezanne Quotes:
- Pure drawing is an abstraction. Drawing and colour are not distinct, everything in nature is coloured.
- When I judge art, I take my painting and put it next to a God made object like a tree or flower. If it clashes, it is not art.
I paint as if I were Rothschild.
- For an Impressionist to paint from nature is not to paint the subject, but to realize sensations.
Shadow is a colour as light is, but less brilliant; light and shadow are only the relation of two tones.
- There are two things in the painter, the eye and the mind; each of them should aid the other.
The painter must enclose himself within his work; he must respond not with words, but with paintings.
- Doubtless there are things in nature which have not yet been seen. If an artist discovers them, he opens the way for his successors.
I could paint for a hundred years, a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing.
- I ask you to pray for me, for once age has overtaken us, we find consolation only in religion.
- You say a new era in art is preparing; you sensed it coming; continue your studies without weakening. God will do the rest.