Here is the list of 20 Amazing Saul Bass Quotes To Learn:
Saul Bass Quotes List:
- Design is thinking made visual.
- Try to reach for a simple, visual phrase that tells you what the picture is all about and evokes the essence of the story
- Interesting things happen when creative impulse is cultivated with curiosity, freedom, and intensity.
- Logos are a graphic extension of the internal realities of a company.
- “I want to make beautiful things, even if nobody cares, as opposed to ugly things. That’s my intent.” ~ Saul Bass Quotes
- “My initial thoughts about what a title can do was to set mood and the prime underlying core of the film’s story, to express the story in some metaphorical way. I saw the title as a way of conditioning the audience, so that when the film actually began, viewers would already have an emotional resonance with it.” ~ Saul Bass Quotes
- “The nature of process, to one degree or another, involves failure. You have at it. It doesn’t work. You keep pushing. It gets better. But it’s not good. It gets worse. You got at it again. Then you desperately stab at it, believing “this isn’t going to work.” And it does!” ~ Saul Bass
- “You know, whenever I was presented with a challenge that brought up feelings of fear or self-doubt, I almost always said, ‘Yes’.” ~ Saul Bass
- “Failure is built into creativity… the creative act involves this element of ‘newness’ and ‘experimentalism,’ then one must expect and accept the possibility of failure.” ~ Saul Bass
- “I want everything we do to be beautiful. I don’t give a damn whether the client understands that that’s worth anything, or that the client thinks it’s worth anything, or whether it is worth anything. It’s worth it to me. It’s the way I want to live my life. I want to make beautiful things, even if nobody cares.” ~ Saul Bass
- “I often think that presentations are more difficult than the work itself.” ~ Saul Bass
- “Sometimes when an idea flashes, you distrust it because it seems too easy. You qualify it with all kinds of evasive phrases because you’re timid about it. But often, this turns out to be the best idea of all.” ~ Saul Bass
- “The ideal trademark is one that is pushed to its utmost limits in terms of abstraction and ambiguity, yet is still readable. Trademarks are usually metaphors of one kind or another. And are, in a certain sense, thinking made visible.” ~ Saul Bass Quotes
- “Have you ever thought that radical ideas threaten institutions, then become institutions, and in turn reject radical ideas which threaten institutions?” ~ Saul Bass
- “For the average audience, the credits tell them there’s only
three minutes left to eat popcorn. I take this ‘dead’ period and try to do more than simply get rid of names that filmgoers aren’t interested in.
I aim to set up the audience for what’s coming;
make them expectant.” ~ Saul Bass
- “You see an artist, a creative person, can accept criticism or can live with the criticism much more easily than with being ignored. Criticism makes you feel alive. If somebody is bothered enough to speak vituperatively about it, you feel you have touched a nerve and you are at least ‘in touch.’ You are not happy that he doesn’t like it, but you feel you are in contact with life.” ~ Saul Bass
- “Sometimes clients have a sophisticated view of their design problem, sometimes they do not. I often spend time with the client redefining the problem, going back to the beginning. Often the problem is just a symptom. Sometimes you have to move back in order to move forward to understand what the nature of the solution should be.” ~ Saul Bass
- “Whether or not you believe in God, you can probably sign on to the idea that being kind to others is divine. Just remember to include yourself in that circle of kindness.” ~ Saul Bass
- “There is nothing glamorous in what I do. I’m a working man. Perhaps I’m luckier than most in that I receive considerable satisfaction from doing useful work which I, and sometimes others, think is good.” ~ Saul Bass
- “I want to make beautiful things, even if nobody cares.” ― Saul Bass